In case you’re unaware (and no worries if you are) July was deemed National Hot Dog Month by the NHDSC. What’s more, however, is that today–July 23rd–is National Hot Dog Day! So, to celebrate the launch of Jarware.com AND National Hot Dog Day we are giving you a few awesome ideas for hot dogs with mason jars.
Before we get into the recipe for baked corn dogs in mason jars, check out the video below on canning hot dogs. *Remember to use the Pressure Canner, and not the waterbath canning method.
Pretty cool, right? Canning is great for some adding flavor and storing without the need for a freezer.
Mason Jar Baked Corn Dogs via BigRedKitchen.com
- 3 cups yellow self-rising corn meal mix
- 6 eggs
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 6 hot dogs cut in half
- 12 half-pint mason jars
Step 1 – Prep
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a stand mixer, mix everything except the hot dogs together until smooth.
Step 2 – Pour
- Pour into 12 greased half-pint mason jars, filling to about 4 ounces (a little more than halfway up the jar).
- Place hot dog halves up-right in the center of the batter.
Step 3 – Bake
- Bake for 2o minutes or until corn bread is cooked through and golden.
- Let them cool a little, then run a sharp knife around each corn dog to loosen from the side of the jar.
ENJOY National Hot Dog Day!
Have a summer party comming up? Here’s a great idea from Let’s Dish: Graduation Party Hot Dog Bar and Mini Mason Jar Pies
And if you love jars as much as we do, remember Jarware is #RaisingTheJar!