The North American Blueberry Council declares it’s National Blueberry Month! Let’s celebrate with some mason jars! Everybody will love this Blueberry French Toast in a Jar. More of a pie person? How about Blueberry-Cherry Pie in a Jar. Oh, you’re looking for something cool and refreshing? Try this No-bake Blueberry-Lemon Cheesecake Trifle in a Jar. Getting thirsty? Yeah, me too. Good thing we have these recipes for Blueberry Mojitos, Blueberry-Pineapple Margaritas, and Blueberry-infused Vodka Frozen Lemonade…
“You know what ELSE everybody likes? Parfaits! Have you ever met a person, you say, ‘Let’s get some parfait,’ they say, ‘No, I don’t like no parfait’? Parfaits are delicious!” -Donkey (Shrek 2001)
Chocolate Soy Mousse Parfait in a Jar (via TheBokeEffect)
- 300g silken tofu
- 200g quality chocolate
- Fresh blueberries
- 50ml whipping cream, 1/2 tsp vanilla essence
- Few sprigs of fresh thyme (just the leaves) – keep it fresh with an Herb Saver
- Chunky raspberry/strawberry jam – keep your jams organized with a Jelly/Jam Lid
Step 1 – Prep (the day before)
- Melt the chocolate using the double boiled method (heating the bowl with steam):
- Fill pot about 1/4 full with water and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to a simmer and fit the bowl into the pot. The bottom of the bowl should be 2″ to 3″ above the water.
- Blend silken tofu into melted chocolate until smooth.
- Chill in the fridge overnight.
Step 2 – Layer
- Layer the chocolate mousse, blueberries, jam, and granola into a mason jar. TheBokeEffect started with some mousse, followed by a layer of blueberries, granola, and a spoonful of jam followed by more mousse (with some thyme in between for refreshing flavor).
Step 3 – Topping
- Whip 50ml of cream with 1/2 tsp vanilla and spoon on top of the parfait.
- Sprinkle on a few thyme leaves, blueberries and granola before serving for a pretty presentation.